- Hot Wire cutter
- Workshop Category: W2
- Workshop Risk Category: Green Label
Suitable for polystyrene and foam. Once the hot wire reaches the set temperature it will easily cut through the material. This machine is hand operated and only works if the user stands on the ON/OFF button. The cutter works with the fume extraction.
Start with a Risk Assessment to ensure a safe work area:
- Remove loose fitting clothing, jewellery, and tie back long hair.
- Give the work your undivided attention.
- Make sure you let staff member know before you use the ho wire cutter.
- Keep the extraction running during the cutting session.
Operational Safety Rules:
- Before you switch the machine ON make sure it’s plugged in to the power.
- Aim the extraction tube right above the hot wire.
- To turn ON the fume extraction, press the round button in the middle of the extraction panel.
- Wait for the extraction to reach its set speed, only then start cutting.
- To cut you have to set the machine to BOW and then step on the foot stepper, while your foot is on it the wire will get hotter.
- Push material with a precision and patience.
- To cut inner holes, power down the machine and wait of the wire to cool down. Then release the wire and put it thought a pre-drilled opening in the hole you want to cut out. Once the hole is done you will need to power down the cutter and let it cool down again to remove your model.
- When you finish your job, make sure you tide up the area and power down the machines.