We have large format plotting / printing / scanning facilities, but please note – these plotters get extremely busy at hand-in / crit times – many students leave printing until the last minute meaning plot wait times can be hours. Lectures will not accept busy plotters as a valid reason for late submissions. You are encouraged to manage your time and create your portfolio iteratively and so avoid panic printing.
External to the University there are bureau style printing services where you can upload your work for collection / delivery
- There are also two time restricted “Print Only” PC next to the plotters. You can only log on to these machines for 15 minutes out which time it automatically logs out.
- Print credit top-up is available online; see printcredit.gre.ac.uk
- There are guilotines and cutting mats in the print area for trimming your drawings.
- Unused paper goes into the cut sheet plan chest beside the print credit machine – feel free to use paper you find in here
- There is an electric guillotine for cutting accurately up to A3 reams of paper.
Design Studio Printing
The Print area in Stockwell Street / S11 has the following Plotters / Printers
- Oce Colorwave 700
Large Format : Multiple Paper Types:
- Standard Paper : Coated Paper (120 GSM) – £1.00 / £2.00 / £4.00
- Polyester Film (tracing paper) (90 GSM) – £2.00 / £4.00 / £8.00
- Premium Heavyweight Paper (180 GSM) – £1.50 / £3.00 / £6.00
- Wallpaper Non Woven Paper (130 GSM) – £2.00 / £4.00 / £8.00
- Fine Linen paper (130 GSM) – £2.00 / £4.00 / £8.00
- Canon TX3000
Sheet Feed Plotter – feed your own paper – £2.00
- Canon TX3000 Plotter / Scanner
A3 / A2 / A1
- High Gloss Photo 260gsm
- £2.50 / £5.00 / £10.00
Note: This is expensive paper – please check your image quality etc. before sending plots to ensure best results
This machine will also do large format scanning (free)
- Canon / OCE MFD – Multi-Function Device; Printer / Scanner / Copier
A4 / A3 : Regular Cartridge Paper – Black and White 5p/10p, Colour 20p / 40p
The MFD devices are different in that:
– You must tap your gateway card before it will release your print job
– it will only charge you once you have tapped your card
– You can tap on ANY MFD in the building and your job will come out there
– It is possible to print wirelessly to the MFDs from your laptop or portable device by emailing an attachment to email@example.com
There is also a plotter in the Stockwell Street Library next door.
- Oce Colorwave 700
A2 / A1 / A0 : Standard Paper : Coated Paper (120 GSM) – £1.00 / £2.00 / £4.00