The Faculty has a dedicated photography studio which is available for booking by School of Design students from 11am – 5pm term time, Monday to Friday.
Located within the basement level of Stockwell Street, Room B016, the studio is outfitted with a compliment of Profoto flash heads and light shapers, and an array of tungsten lamps to suit a vast array of photographic needs. We have various coloured background drops for both tabletop setups and larger backgrounds for large scale models or fashion/portrait photography.
The photography studio can be used to take images of a variety different subjects such as;
- Still life
- Model photography
- Flat Copy
The studio is equipped with canon cameras and lenses suitable for most needs, but if you wish to bring your own camera that is absolutely fine.
• For large scale reproduction we have a 50.6 Megapixel Canon 5DSR
• For day to day shooting we have Canon 70D’s
• We have a range on lenses from 8-15mm Fish eye, 50mm Macro, and a combo of fixed and zoom lenses.
And a PC is available for tethered shooting, using the Canon EOS Utility
Robbie Munn is our dedicated photographic technician who is always on hand to help you get the most out of the studio and its equipment.
To book a session in the studio, please email: email@example.com
There is no smoking allowed in the photography studio (machine or human) and no naked flames will be permitted.
The studio contains a 35mm film scanner and black and white hand printing is possible by using a makeshift darkroom, although notice will be required to set this up.
Photographic Equipment Loan
Camera equipment is available for loan via the online equipment booking system and is collected from the store located within the basement level.
Store opening times
- 09:30 – 16:00
- Canon 70D / 700D / 600D
Equipment is loanable for a maximum of 7 days
To borrow equipment you must
- Visit the equipment booking website at https://gre.siso.co
- The first time you use the site you will need to press the ‘Forgotten your password?‘ link, enter your firstname.lastname@example.org email address to receive a login password.
- If you have ant issues speak to a member of the storeroom team
Late Return of Equipment:
Students who return equipment late, will have their loan privileges reviewed and possibly revoked for the remainder of the academic year!
Full terms and conditions can be found here: https://gre.siso.co/tandcs.php