- Eccentric Sander
- Workshop Category: W2
- Workshop Risk Category: Green Label
Suitable for wood, plywood, MDF and plastics.
Electric sander is suitable for flat surfaces of wood materials. Not suitable for sharp edge sanding. Surfaces can be sanded to smooth finish.
Start with a Risk Assessment to ensure a safe work area:
- Dust mask must be worn. Safety glasses should be worn.
- Remove loose fitting clothing, jewellery, and tie back long hair.
- Give the work your undivided attention.
- Make sure the area is clear of people.
- To obtain the sander speak to the workshop manager or one of the student helpers.
Operational Safety Rules:
- Secure your piece of work so it’s fixed and doesn’t move during sanding.
- Without the power supply, make sure the sand disc is in a suitable condition.
- The sander needs to be plugged in to the adapter and then the power supply on the FESTOOL mobile
- Once everything is plugged in correctly, the extractor needs to be set on AUTO and the adapter turned
on (green light).
- You can then press the red button on the sander and the power light should switch on (green light).
- Grab the sander inside your palm to start it.
- Check the sand disc regularly and if it’s damaged change it. The discs are easy to change and they are
expandable, the machine is not.
- Once you finish with the sander return it to one of the staff.