Laptops are available for loan and can be borrowed from the KW116 Labs Counter. There are several restrictions on when and how laptops can be borrowed.
- Laptops can only be borrowed by current students enrolled in courses or programmes in the Computer & Information Systems (CIS), Creative Professions & Digital Media (CPD) and Mathematical Sciences (MSc) departments.
- Students will need to present a valid resource card in order to loan a laptop
- Students can only loan one laptop at a time.
- Laptops cannot be connected to the wired University network.
On-site Loan Scheme:
- Laptops can be borrowed any time from 9am but must be returned by 8pm. See our opening hours for more information.
- Laptops cannot be borrowed overnight, or over the weekend.
- These laptops have a limited selection of software installed on them, but can be used to connect to the University’s wireless network and Virtual Lab Desktop.
- These laptops wouldn’t allow you to install any other software on them, as they are in “Managed Image”
Off-site Loan Scheme:
- Students need to get authorization from their lecturer to request a long-term loan laptop that can be used in their own place.
- Laptops can be borrowed for a long-term date range.
- These laptops have a limited selection of software installed on them, but can be used to connect to the University’s wireless network, any wireless network and Virtual Lab Desktop.
- These laptops are allowing you to install other software on them, as they are in “Unmanaged Image”
You will be liable for a fine and/or further action (including disablement of your University computer accounts) if laptops are returned late, or are returned in a faulty or incomplete condition. You will be held responsible for any loss or damage caused to the laptop.
Office 365 Licensing Issue?
If you are having licensing issue when accessing Office 365 app via unmanage laptop, please refer to the following steps (solution):
- Please uninstall the Office 365 in that laptop. How to uninstall app?
- Visit Office 365 login and login with your staff account.
- Click “Install Office” button and download the Office 365 apps (as shown in below screenshot).
- After downloaded the Office 365 apps, go to Download folder in that laptop and install the Office 365.
- The licensing issue should now be solved after you installed the downloaded Office 365.