Laptops are available for loan and can be borrowed from the KW116 Labs Counter. There are several restrictions on when and how laptops can be borrowed.
- Laptops can only be borrowed by current students enrolled in courses or programmes in the Computer & Information Systems (CIS), Creative Professions & Digital Media (CPD) and Mathematical Sciences (MSc) departments.
- Students will need to present a valid resource card in order to loan a laptop
- Students can only loan one laptop at a time.
- Laptops cannot be connected to the wired University network.
On-site Loan Scheme:
- Laptops can be borrowed any time from 9am but must be returned by 8pm. See our opening hours for more information.
- Laptops cannot be borrowed overnight, or over the weekend.
- These laptops have a limited selection of software installed on them, but can be used to connect to the University’s wireless network and Virtual Lab Desktop.
- These laptops wouldn’t allow you to install any other software on them, as they are in “Managed Image”
Off-site Loan Scheme:
- Students need to get authorization from their lecturer to request a long-term loan laptop that can be used in their own place.
- Laptops can be borrowed for a long-term date range.
- These laptops have a limited selection of software installed on them, but can be used to connect to the University’s wireless network, any wireless network and Virtual Lab Desktop.
- These laptops are allowing you to install other software on them, as they are in “Unmanaged Image”
You will be liable for a fine and/or further action (including disablement of your University computer accounts) if laptops are returned late, or are returned in a faulty or incomplete condition. You will be held responsible for any loss or damage caused to the laptop.