Please see the links below for help and instructions on using various software:
- Using Software Centre to install software
- Office 365
- Visual Studio 2019
- Riverbed Modeller
- Visual Paradigm
Software for home use:
A lot of the software used in teaching in the CMS School is freely available for students to install on their home computers – for example if you browse to the Android Studio website you can download and install Android Studio, Autodesk products are available from the Autodesk student site, Unity is available from the Unity website etc.
The links below give information on how to access some of the software used that is not freely available:
- Office 365 – access to the Microsoft Office suite
- Azure Dev Tools – access to Microsoft Software including operating systems, Project and Visio to install on your home computer
- Adobe Creative Cloud – only available to students on Games Development and Multimedia programmes
- Tableau Desktop – academics teaching with this software need to register with Tableau and will then be given a license code they can distribute to students on their modules.
Note that not all software is available for all operating systems (e.g. Microsoft do not make a version of Project or Visio for Mac OS or Chrome OS) so where possible software is on Virtual Desktop so it can be accessed outside of the University.