While the computer labs are closed we hope the information below will be helpful.
While it is possible to find them in the blogs by browsing, this page gives you links to all resources for home working in one place.
Virtual Desktop (studentdesktop.gre.ac.uk)
The majority of software used in teaching in modules in the CMS School is available on studentdesktop.gre.ac.uk EXCEPT for the following:
- Software with licensing restrictions (e.g. the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite)
- Software that will not run on the virtual desktop system due to hardware limitations (e.g. Android Studio, Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Unity)
- Specialist Forensic software installed in the Forensics lab KW103B only
- Specialist Hardware Comms software installed in the Hardware Comms lab KW116 only
- Mac OS X or software that runs on Mac OS X only
The full Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneDrive) of programs is available to all University students. You can download Office 365 Pro Plus software by logging in using your University Account (email@example.com)
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
Includes most Microsoft development programs like Visio, Project, Visual Studio etc.
Games and digital media software:
Our colleagues from Design School have kindly collated a list of specialist games and digital media software that can be used by students at home. This includes Autodesk, Adobe, Unity3d, Unreal Engine and some others.
Wireshark is the world’s foremost and widely-used network protocol analyzer. It lets you see what’s happening on your network at a microscopic level. To download, simply select the installer that is suitable for your OS.