Please note: Staff with Moodle editing rights (such as module leaders, instructors, administrators) will have the ability to create Teams links in Moodle but only the person presenting the meeting should create the link to set up the meeting options correctly.
Teams meetings can be created using the Moodle Editor in almost every activity/resource (such as labels, assignments, quizzes and forum posts) or wherever else the Atto Editor is available.
- When creating a new resource or activity in Moodle and editing the description using the Atto Editor, type the text which you want to use as meeting link, select it and click on the Microsoft Teams icon.
- Then select Create meeting link (you will need to sign into your Microsoft Teams account the first time you use it).
- Enter a meeting title, date, and time, then click Create. The link will show in the field “Your meeting URL”. Mark “Open in a new window” if you want the meeting to open in a new tab and click “Add link” to finish.
- To reach meeting options select the text with the meeting link that you have created before and click on the Microsoft Teams icon in the Atto Editor toolbar.
- You will get to the same screen with two buttons – “Go to Meeting” and “Meeting Options”.
- Click on the “Meeting Options” button and a new browser window will open with your meeting options.
Please note: Only the person presenting the meeting needs to create the link and set up the meeting options. It is strongly recommended to set presenter status to ‘only me’ in the meeting options.
- Once you have saved your meeting options, click on “Add link” and then select “Save and return to course”.
- The meeting link will then appear for students in the relevant section of your Moodle course (in the example below we used the “Label” resource)
Please note: you can also add further restrictions to your meeting link by enabling the “Restrict Access” section to the Moodle activity. To get to this, click ‘Edit’ alongside the activity you want to restrict and then choose ‘Edit Settings’, or add a new activity, which will bring you to the settings page.
For more information about Restrict Access, please check the Official Moodle Help Materials available here.
Instructors will have the following meeting options:
- Who can bypass the lobby?
Everyone / People in my organization / People in my organization and trusted organizations
- Always let callers bypass the lobby?
Yes / No
- Announce when callers join or leave?
Yes / No
- Who can present?
Everyone / People in my organization / Specific People / Only me.