Take part in our Green Week events, 12-16th November
Throughout the Green Week we’re hosting a range of fun events and activities on all our campuses including: engaging workshops to help design our future Sustainability Policy, expert talks on sustainability careers & plastics, workshops about integrating sustainability into teaching, nearly new stalls, our online prize competition (you’ll need to use your UoG username & password), film nights, and even building a huge bug hotel. All activities are free to attend.
Please return to this page for additions and updates to the events calendar.
Remember too that throughout November we are running Reuse Race – can we collectively hit our 25% reusables target to get 50p off our hot drinks.. win great prizes in our online sustainability quiz, pop by our outlets to enjoy our responsibly sourced and delicious food & drink options, sign up to Better Points to get rewards for lower impact travel to work. And don’t forget to check out our latest Annual Sustainability Report.
Monday 12th November
- UoG Sustainability Policy Student & Staff Consultation. Grey 104, 12-2.30pm
- Sustainability Stand, Dome 11-2.30pm.
Tuesday 13th November
- Bargain Corner, Pilkington 004/005 & Blake 054, 11-2pm
- Sustainability Stand, Dreadnought Atrium, 10.30-2.30pm
- UoG Sustainability Policy Student & Staff Consultation, Queen Anne 063, 12-2.30pm
- Using the Sustainable Development Goals in you Lessons: Workshop, Queen Anne 063, 3.00-4.30pm
- Sustainability & Employability presentation & discussion, Dreadnought Atrium, 5-6.30pm
- Sustainability Film-Documentary “A Plastic Ocean“, Stephen Lawrence Building, Room 101, 5-7.00pm (due to film licencing only University of Greenwich Staff & Students can attend) .
Wednesday 14th November
- Build A Mega Bug Hotel, Avery Hill Community Garden (behind David Fussey Building), 12-2pm.
Thursday 15th November
- Using the Sustainable Development Goals in you Lessons: Workshop, Nelson 008 (NOTE ROOM HAS CHANGED), 10-11.30pm
- UoG Sustainability Policy Student & Staff Consultation, Blake 028, 12-2.30pm
- Sustainability Stand, Pilkington Atrium, 10.30-2.30pm
- Dr Bike – get your bike spinning for Free!, Student Hub 11.30-2.30pm. Further info.
- Sustainability Film/Documentary, Sorry – this is postponed – keep an eye out via our Twitter and Facebook feeds for an update.
- Sustainability Quiz Round in the SU’s ‘X-Rated Pub Quiz’ The Lower Deck, Dreadnought, 6-9pm https://www.greenwichsu.co.uk/events/6283/5837/
Friday 16th November
- Bargain Corner, Pilkington 004/005 & Blake 054, Pilkington 004/005 & Blake 054, 11-2pm
- Taking Plastics out of our lives discussion, Pilkington Atrium seating area, 12.30-1.30pm
- Sustainability & Employability presentation & discussion, Pilkington Atrium seating area, 2.30-4.00pm.
- Sustainable food stand at Dreadnought Atrium (beside video wall) from 10.30 – 2.30 pm. Head down to taste some delicious nibbles and find out about the sustainability or our university food and drink offer
- Student Switch Off Halls Visits from 6.00pm. Talk to the NUS’s Erk Gunce and SSO Student Ambassadors as they visit flats to explain energy saving and great competitions to cut carbon. For info: