- Is this your first time studying at a University in the UK?
- Do you want to learn how to navigate yourself in a multicultural environment at the University of Greenwich?
- Would you like to meet and make international friends you might not have met?
- Are you concerned about communicating effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds?
- Do you want to become a better version of yourself by getting out of the comfort zone?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, the workshops will be beneficial for you.
Each workshop will be delivered at least once at Avery Hill and Greenwich campus – see the events listings below for details of the workshops, where they are taking place and how to book.
In the workshops, students from different backgrounds can learn about UK Higher Education and how to build communication confidence, gain skills to help improve their employability and develop cultural intelligence (CQ). More importantly, you will meet friends outside of your faculty and have fun!
The Cultural Insight project team worked with Chinese International students last year and they endorsed the workshops saying:
There are several reasons that attracted me to this workshop. The first is the diversification of activities, including games, presentation, critical thinking and stories sharing. Moreover, the staff in the workshop were excellent, sharing their personal stories as incentives to us.
These workshops have helped freshers like me to integrate into English learning and life more quickly. The most useful help was to enhance my confidence in cross-cultural communications.
Lunch or dinner is provided at the workshop. On fulfilling set criteria, students are eligible for:
- 10 Greenwich Employability Passport points for each workshop they attend
- Endorsement on LinkedIn from the Cultural Insight project team
- A certificate of completion from the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
How to book a workshop
You can sign up to individual workshops using the links in the event listings below, or alternatively you can use this online form.
If you have any questions about these workshops please contact email@example.com
The Cultural Insight Team