Humans of Stockwell Street #7

Sophie Moss

Departmental administrator for CPDA

What is the most interesting part of your job?
My job isn’t all the same. Although I’m an administrator, I’m doing a lot of creative things. Sometimes I produce posters for the social cinema. Sometimes I help with the organizing of events – putting them on Eventbrite, I used to do the twitter. With my creative background, that was good. I also enjoy organizing interviews and meeting different people. Every day is slightly different. I just really enjoy working in the creative environment.

What is the best thing about working at Stockwell street?
It’s a beautiful building. It has amazing architecture. I like the fact that it’s modern. We have a roof terrace that is really nice in the summer. I just like all the windows, you don’t feel like you’re blocked off from the world. It’s quite nice to work in such an interesting and creative building. It has regulated heating, it’s important to be comfortable. With the way it’s built, you just feel happier.

What’s your favorite memory?
I had to arrange the Christmas work party. We had a lot of people and it was a bit stressful. I chose the ‘Sail Loft’. It was a really nice venue and it had all glass windows and a view to the Thames. Everyone was really happy. It worked out well. I was really happy that everyone had a good time and that I did a good job.