Humans of Stockwell Street #3

Emily Guest

Working at the department for architecture and landscape.

“You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, and you have a right to be here.”

What is the most interesting part of your job?
As I’m a senior administrator for the department, I get to work with a lot of different people across the university. So be it academic staff or faculty, students, so I get to kind of see it all, which I think is the best thing – just working with people all across the university.

What is the best thing about working at Stockwell street?
Stockwell street is beautiful, because it’s got fifteen roof gardens, and huge windows that I sit next to, so we get the morning sun and it’s just got a really cool, design vibe to it. It’s very creative. You have the architects and the landscape students, as well as all the design, and art, and film students; altogether; which is really nice. I also love how the space goes from really small to huge.It is a dynamic place to work.

What is your favourite memory?
Probably the first time I saw the living wall. It really blew me away. I think I saw it on my first day here. It was the coolest thing I’ve seen in a long time and in an office as well.