Laptops are available for loan and can be borrowed from the counter area in KW116. There are several restrictions on when and how laptops can be borrowed:
- Laptops can only be borrowed by current students enrolled on courses or programmes in the Computer & Information Systems (CIS), Creative Professions & Digital Media (CPD) and Mathematical Sciences (MSc) departments.
- Students will need to present a valid resource card in order to loan a laptop.
- Laptops can be borrowed any time from 9am but must be returned by 16:45pm. See our opening hours for more information.
- Laptops cannot be borrowed overnight, or over the weekend.
- Laptops are allocated on a first come first served basis, and cannot be reserved in advance.
- Students can only loan one laptop at a time.
- Laptops cannot be connected to the wired University network.
These laptops have a limited selection of software installed on them, but can be used to connect to the University’s wireless network, and Virtual Lab Desktop.
You will be liable for a fine and/or further action (including disablement of your University computer accounts) if laptops are returned late, or are returned in a faulty or incomplete condition. You will be held responsible for any loss or damage caused to the laptop.