MSc Landscape Assessment and Planning
MSc Landscape Planning and Assessment.
One year full-time or two years part time. Masters degree accredited by the Landscape Institute.
This programme shared many courses with the MA Landscape Architecture, but is for landscape design students who wish to specialise in an environmental assessment approach to landscape design. It is a good choice for graduates from BA Hons Landscape Architecture who wish to widen their professional horizons.
Graduates from other arts and science disciplines are also invited to apply. We welcome the specialist knowledge they bring to the programme but, unless they have studied landscape design as an undergraduate level it will be necessary for them to take the Certificate in Landscape Design.
The MSc in Landscape Assessment and Planning programme includes these courses:
- an Urban Development Project, often for an urban design area in Central London
- a Theme Project in which sustainability themes are researched and then used to produce sketch designs
- City and Landscape Studies
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) for landscape planning
- CAD Visualisation
- Landscape Assessment and Design
- Techniques of Landscape Assessment
- Professional Studies
The MSc programme is accredited by the Landscape Institute and leads, through the P2C programme, to full corporate membership of the UK Landscape Instute (affiliated to EFLA and IFLA)