The Sustainable Development Unit is available to provide advice, training and a range of other support to help staff and students better understand and apply sustainability into their work and studies at Greenwich. If you would like to learn more about sustainability now then review the following resources that include great videos, websites, links to organisations and projects that will explain, inspire and enable learning, action and change.
A glossary of common sustainability terms and acronyms can be found here.
- Sustainability explained in 2 minutes (animation)
- A series of key sustainability foundation issues explained in 5 minutes (animation)
- Overview (an astronaut’s perspective of Earth)
- The Story of Stuff
- Strategic Sustainability 101 (3.5 minute animation)
- Tools to understand and apply sustainability
- The Materials Sustainability Index (for apparel & footwear)(developed by Nike (Creative Commons))
- Project Wildthing – Connecting Kids with Nature
- The Do-Nation (donate by Doing – sustainably!) https://www.wearedonation.com/
- The Guardian Environment. Probably the best coverage of any UK press for UK and world issues
- The Ecologist magazine
- Fast Co-Exist
Organisations Applying Sustainability Effectively
- Forum for the Future
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Unilever (Sustainable Living Plan)
- Marks & Spencer (Plan A)
- The Welsh Government
- The NHS
- Smith School of Enterprise & the Environment
- The University of Greenwich!
Sustainability in Higher Education
- The Environmental Association of Universities & Colleges (EAUC). Register for free as Greenwich is a member.
- HEA-QAA – ESD Guidance for HE providers
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- Higher Education Statistics Agency Environmental Information (all UK HEI’s)
Ideas & Inspiration