Students, don’t chuck out stuff that other people would love to have! Simply put it aside so that when our annual Summer Term reuse Project starts you can donate it and help others that are grateful for your unwanted goodies.
Last year we collected 5 tonnes of really useful stuff. It’s essential it’s clean and in great if it’s in decent condition.
At Avery Hill and Greenwich Halls the project is being managed by Greenwich students, who visit students at their flats, putting up posters and placing blue collection bags in student flat kitchens.
All these excellent donations are collected by a local charity and these are then given to groups that need them including foodbanks, homeless shelters and charity shops
What we’d love you to save & donate:
- Clean pots, pans, crockery & cutlery & other kitchenwares & utensils
- Clean bedding, duvets, duvet covers, sheets, pillows & pillowcases
- Clean clothes and shoes
- Complete games, packs of cards etc
- Working electrical items
- Books, pictures
- Food. Please ensure it’s unopened and in-code.
- Anything else – that doesn’t go into recycling or black bags (see below)
What you can put in the recycling (clear bags)
- Opened bottles of foodstuffs. Please wash out first!
- Recycable packaging
What you can put in the bin (black bags)
- Opened packets of food (remember to recycle any recyclable packaging first)
When your blue reuse bag is full email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @Sustain_Greewich letting us know what flat and block you live in.
Thanks for all your help and have a great summer!!!