Search Andrew’s Blog
- This should be a hilarious dystopian parody. But something tells me it ain’t. twitter.com/AQABMALIK/stat… 4 months ago
- Teaching Dickinson soon, so great to see this now: Emily Dickinson’s Singular Scrap Poetrnewyorker.com/magazine/2016/…Ra @NewYorkerrker 4 months ago
- Teachong Dickinson soon, so great to see this now: Emily Dickinson’s Singular Scrap Poetrnewyorker.com/magazine/2016/…Ra @NewYorkerrker 4 months ago
- RT @Drjmorton: Another glorious view of @UniofGreenwich today https://t.co/rCNuQWVwF9 4 months ago
- RT @marieeasley: So excited about our forthcoming book! Thanks, @Drjmorton and @andrewking2904! twitter.com/Drjmorton/stat… 4 months ago
Powered by Twitter Tools
Free Workshop for Research Students on C18 and C19 Periodicals Tuesday 14 June 2016.
University of Greenwich, Queen Anne building, room 210, 10am – 5pm.
Research students covering any aspect of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century…
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
The small populations of Australia and New Zealand in the nineteenth century meant that there were few market possibilities for magazines until the 1870s. There were certainly magazines before this, but most were shortlived and unsuccessful,…
“Latin American” (Iberoamericano) is here defined geographically to refer to those magazines published in South and Central America, Mexico and the West Indies. The diversity of the region and its histories is enormous, but, despite the…
JAPAN AND CHINA
As one of the most literate countries in the world, Japan has a rich magazine history even if relatively short. That the newspaper and magazine are Western formats is well known, and yet as in other, mainly…
IBERIAN PENINSULA: SPAIN AND PORTUGAL
There is no volume-length general history of Spanish of magazines beyond Sánchez Vigil (q.v.), most studies of the press focussing on newpapers. In the Spanish case, however, the instability between newspaper and magazine is especially…
As in other European countries, magazine publication in Italy was begun in order to disseminate the ideas of elite groups, in the Italian case a process closely allied to the Catholic Church, at least initially. Unlike in France and…
Recently I’ve been thinking about how hard it is to do transnational comparative research on periodicals, so I’ve started to compile a series of guides to the study of magazines in various countries. Since they’ll all be in one place, it…
“Honest, Thick-Skinned Advertisements for Goods”?
W.D. a tall, dark, young man, with £200 per annum, derived from an investment in the funds,…
British Romanticism and the Reception of Italian Old Master Art 1793-1840
Farnham, UK/ Burlington VT: Ashgate, November 2014.
How does one study the reception of art work? As we know from the work…